Intermediate Intuitive Painting Workshop & Open Studio
Delve deeper into the intuitive process in a fun weekend outside at Heather’s home! Register for Saturday’s workshop, Sunday’s open studio, or both days.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3RD 11AM-4PM
>> WORKSHOP <<
Saturday’s workshop will include demos and instruction on new techniques and ways to incorporate mixed media into your paintings. We’ll discuss how to be more intentional and plan parts of your painting while still honoring the intuitive process, how to build texture on different substrates, and more! Students are encouraged to bring a blank canvas or other substrate but can also bring works-in-progress.
>> Is there something specific you want to learn in this workshop? If so, LET ME KNOW YOUR NEEDS & INTERESTS IN A BRIEF 6-question SURVEY.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4TH 11AM-4PM
>> OPEN STUDIO <<
Sunday is an open studio for students to bring their own projects to paint in a creative space at their own pace. No instruction or demos. Heather will be available to answer individual questions from students.
- Prerequisite: Intuitive painting class or workshop taught by Heather (If you’ve taken intuitive painting with another instructor and would like to register for this weekend, please email Heather prior to registration.)
- Space is limited. Students will be divided into two tiers based on the order of registration. Tier 1 will accomodate 6 students under shelter if needed. If the weather’s nice, the 7+ students in Tier 2 can paint outside without shelter.
- Rain date(s): If it’s a complete washout, either or both days will be postponed to the following weekend (Oct 10-11).
- Location: Outdoors on beautiful 14-acre property in Moncure (5 miles from downtown Pittsboro)
- What to bring: Essentially everything you may need (painting supplies, lunch/snacks/beverages)
- Covid-19 Safety: Workshop and open studio will be held outside allowing a safe distance between students. Masks are required for close interaction and to use the restroom inside.
- Further details will be emailed to students upon registration.
Due to in-person workshops being cancelled, this workshop and open studio are designed to give us the opportunity to connect and paint in a safe environment. Please keep in mind this weekend is held outdoors in a casual space.
HEATHER GERNI 2020